2018 Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Scholarship Program
The Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Endowment Fund was created by the generosity of Team Focus Insurance Group, LLC. The Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Endowment Fund is a permanent endowment and the distributions from the Endowment are used for the sole purpose of funding the Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Scholarship Fund.
The gift of this endowment and any resulting scholarship(s) was created to honor the life and leadership of Malcolm G. MacNeill. Mr. MacNeill partnered with his father to build the managing general agency Frank R. MacNeill & Son, Inc., which became MacNeill Group, now the core of the Team Focus Insurance Group of companies. Highly regarded as an astute businessman and respected for his professionalism and wide range of knowledge, Mr. MacNeill’s greatest attribute was his gift for building lasting relationships.
Focus Foundation, together with Team Focus Team Members and industry partners has been able to make a positive impact in the communities in which we work and live. Today, the Focus Foundation administers the Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Endowment Fund and the Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Scholarship Fund.
The Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Scholarship Program is an extension of the Foundation’s mission to support education in insurance and related disciplines to promote professionalism, integrity and competence in our chosen field of work.
The Scholarship award(s) are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
- Applications will be accepted from January 2018 until the deadline of March 19, 2018.
- Three applicants will be selected as semifinalists and notified by email in March 2018. Semifinalists could be subject to a video/conference interview by the Selection Committee and additional references or information may be requested and verified.
- At least One (1) $500 Scholarship Grant will be awarded and the recipient(s) will be notified via email by April 2018.
- The recipient(s) will be selected based on their application and essay; cumulative grade point average (GPA); academic/work/intern experience; extracurricular activities; and community service.
- An unaffiliated Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and make all final decisions regarding award of the Scholarship(s). We blind all applications before they are read by the Selection Committee. The applicants name will be blocked out. No other application and/or reference alterations will occur.
Applicants Must Be:
- Current high school (or home schooled) seniors, currently enrolled college students or currently enrolled vocation/technical school students in the United States; and
- U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents; and
- Planning to pursue a course or degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution or vocation/technical school; and
- Carrying a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of their junior year of high school or at the end of the last completed semester in college or vocation/technical school; and
- Enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours per term or quarter equivalency) in a degree program or vocation/technical school; and
- A Team Focus and its affiliated family of companies employee or an immediate family member* of a Team Focus employee and its affiliated family of companies, with a submitted employee verification form.
Criteria used to select recipients:
From the pool of eligible applicants, three (3) applicants will be selected as semifinalists and notified by email. Semifinalists could be interviewed by the Selection Committee and additional references or information may be requested and having completed the personal interview process, the scholarship verified. After having reviewed the application and essay, and recipient will be selected based on the quality of their application and essay; cumulative grade point average (GPA); academic/work/intern experience; extracurricular activities; and community service.
An award may be renewable up to seven (7) semesters, or the equivalent of four (4) academic years. An application is not required to renew the award.
- Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of the second semester, third quarter, or the equivalent of each academic year.
- For automatic renewal, an award recipient will have: Earned credit for all hours enrolled by the regular drop/add period each term; Earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
*Immediate family member is defined as: Spouse, Domestic Partner (same or opposite gender), Dependent Children and/or Grandchildren.
Scholarships will be paid directly to the educational institution on behalf of the student. The school will then apply the scholarship to the student’s account after verifying enrollment (post add/drop period) and satisfactory academic progress.
No scholarship(s) may be awarded to an officer or trustee of Team Focus Insurance Group and its family of companies, nor to a member of the selection committee, nor to a substantial contributor to the Focus Foundation. Family members of these individuals are also not eligible to receive scholarship(s) through the Focus Foundation’s Malcolm G. MacNeill Memorial Scholarship Program.
The Focus Foundation, Inc., Florida Registration # CH26967 is approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (C) (3) tax-exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”